Hagley Road to Ladywood, "a peek into media culture & society"

July 20, 2008

"Their unwillingness to compromise"

My name is Tracy from WA State and here is my story about how I got into The Cure. I was in the 8th grade and a really good friend of mine kept telling me about this band called The Cure, oh and also how much she loved the lead singer Robert Smith. She kept telling me how much I should check them out and how much she'd knew I'd love them. So finally I went out and bought 2 Cure cassette tapes, they were Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me and Disintegration. I listened to the Kiss Me album first and really did like quite a few songs on it, shortly there after I listened to Disintegration and that was it I was in love!!

That entire album struck right to my core and made me feel things I had never experienced with any music before in my entire life. The music and the songwriting is utterly amazing!! As much as I realized how much I really liked this band and their music then it wasn't until some years later that the music started to have a deeper meaning for me. Like turned into the upmost adoration and has been growing more and more as the years have gone by. I can truly say I love this band so much more today than I did the very first time I listened to them 19 years ago.

Their ability to stay as relevant today as they were many years ago and their unwillingness to compromise where the music is concerned has never ceased to amaze me. They still are doing the things the way they always have and we as fans respect and admire that so very much. As we near the release of the newest Cure album, I am so excited to see what they have in store for us this time round! Nothing short of magnificent musical poetry I am sure, but should we expect anything different? I mean we are talking about The Cure here!!
(from: Tracy, WA State, United States)

No comments: