Hagley Road to Ladywood, "a peek into media culture & society"

July 21, 2008

"I don't think I will ever let the Cure go away from my life"

I'm a 35 yr old Male living in Harrisburg, PA (USA). I grew up in England from the age of 3 till I was 18. The first Cure song I heard was All I Want from the Kiss Me album. It grabbed my senses instantly and ever since I started buying a few of the albums. As I went through the different stages in my life I started listening to more and more of The Cure and was attracted mostly to the deeper sounds and words. When I moved to the US, I started buying all of their albums and listened to everything that was commercially available to me. As I went through relationships I used the music to relate in both sad and good times.

The music has been an inspiration in my life. I have been to 21 Cure shows. I don't have a favorite album, as they change depending on my mood. I can't wait for the new album and neither can my 6 year-old daughter that would give anything to meet Robert Smith and the Cure. She sings the words to several Cure songs, both hits and the darker ones almost perfectly. Think I've created a monster. I will be going to 4 shows this tour. I don't think I will ever let the Cure go away from my life, its been a wonderful experience.

(From: Davis Mathews, Harrisburg, PA, USA)

No comments: