Hagley Road to Ladywood, "a peek into media culture & society"

July 22, 2008

Cure vs Smiths

I first got into The Cure due to my mother and step-father, both lifelong fans of The Cure. (My mum's liked them since she was about thirteen, and my step-sister is named after Charlotte Sometimes). I was always picking up CDs that were lying around the house and listening to them, and when I was fourteen I found my mum's copy of Staring at the Sea. And the rest, as they say, is history.... I went to see them live at Wembley and it was easily the best concert I'll ever see. My attitude has changed quite a bit. When I was a child, they were just one of my Mum's Bands. Now, I admire the music and appreciate its influence on modern music that I enjoy. I also regularly have arguments with my mate Beth, as she is both a Cure fan and a Smiths fan!

(From Jess, age:16, East Midlands, England)

No comments: