Hagley Road to Ladywood, "a peek into media culture & society"

July 23, 2008

"My safety blanket"

I can't remember exactly how old I was when I got into The Cure, I guess I must have been about 8 years old. I had The Head On The Door album on record and tape and listened to it religiously. That album was my saftey blanket through some very tough times as a child and to this day, no matter what may be happening in the world, if I put it on nothing matters anymore. I adore them. I haven't heard very much recent stuff but what I have heard I like.

It's not the same but I like that, I like when bands are human and accept change as part of life and incorporate it into their work. It can be difficult if the new music is shit and you love a bands old albums but they are people too, I just see it in the same way as art, some paintings by an artist I will adore, others I dont care for at all but I don't get agitated by it. I still have the record from when I was little put it's all played out and worn.
I think smudgy bob is easily the best.

(From: Kirstin O'Shea, UK)

No comments: