Hagley Road to Ladywood, "a peek into media culture & society"

July 20, 2008

"Disintegration- my favourite album of all time"

It was the Spring of 1989 when I first really "heard" The Cure. I was 17 and had just emigrated to Canada from my native England. Of course, I was familiar with some of their Top 40 singles like Lovecats but they didn't really do anything for me at the time. They had just released the Fascination Street single and I was blown away by its opening bassline and guitar intro.

Later, that summer, Disintegration would become my favorite album of all time, as it is to this day. Sadly, I missed out on seeing them in concert that year due to my best friend's decision to go out on a date rather than go to the concert. He regrets that choice to this day :)I am now 35 and married with two children. The Cure's music remains a big part of my life to this day. Their music became a sort of soundtrack to my life. Their music lent me comfort in some very difficult times.

(from Marc Tucker, Canada)

No comments: