Hagley Road to Ladywood, "a peek into media culture & society"

July 21, 2008

"Religion"

My first really experience with Cure music was during Summer 1989. I was 16. A friend of mine lent me three Cure albums: The Head on the Door, Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me, Disintegration. I was especially fond of Kiss me Km Km.Unfortunately I became "a fan" in 1990, so I missed the Prayer Tour :-(Since 1990, The Cure are the band I've liked the most. I saw them in Paris (Wish 92 / Wild Mood Swings 96 / Bloodflowers 2000) + Trilogy in Brussels 2002 and a French festival in 2004 and the last one in Paris again for the 4 tour 2008 : 3h30 long !!!

In a few lines, what makes me like the Cure...Of course, the music first (when I was 16...) and then the meaning of the lyrics. And I agree with what Robert says especially about religion in interview. Waiting for the next album... even if the last one "The Cure" was not as good as I expected. Still love them live, great performers.

(From: Olivier Lacam, Paris, France)

No comments: